Send resume and cover letter to hiring [at] kboo [dot] org. Position is open until filled.
REQUIRED: Please answer the following question in your cover letter, "How will you incorporate KBOO's values of justice, equity, and inclusion in KBOO's membership department?"
Job Title: Membership Director
Reports to: Station Manager
Employment Status: Non-exempt; Hours 25 per week
Positions supervised: Volunteers
General Description: Maintain relationships with members and listeners that support KBOO. Create a process to meet or exceed fundraising goals and manage the membership database.
• Coordinate membership drives annually in cooperation with the Development Director, Volunteer Coordinator and other staff by: planning, developing forms and procedures, obtaining/ processing thank you gifts, training and supervising staff and volunteers; overseeing data entry and follow-up.
• Coordinate with the Development department to hold fundraising events, major donor relationships, annual report and other direct mail campaigns.
• Works with the Data Coordinator on the membership database.
• Develop strategy and plans to increase membership by 3-5% annually.
• Coordinate and oversee membership activities, including: member inquiries, recaptures, renewals, cancellations, benefits, mailings, membership cards, EFTs (electronic funds transfers), follow-up mailings and phone calls.
• Supervise the preparation of membership drive reports within 60 days after the drive.
• Supervise the preparation of quarterly membership reports for the Board of Directors and staff.
• Work with the Finance Department to reconcile finances and to track contributions. Track expense line items that are related to membership.
• Recruit, train, supervise and maintain relationships with volunteers to support the membership department.
• Attend staff meetings and training.
• Identify and address institutional and individual acts of oppression at KBOO. Ensure interruption of the oppression, follow-up/support for those affected; documentation/record keeping of the incident.
• Implement KBOO's Mission, Vision, Program Charter, Affirmative Action Plan and House Rules.
• Ability to maintain membership database and client management software (i.e. DonorPerfect Online)
• Experience and/or ability to work with donors.
• Problem-solving skills related to fundraising and membership services.
• Ability to train and supervise volunteers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent skill in communication and customer service
• Organizational and time-management skills and attention to detail.
• Event planning and outreach/promotion skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and without direct supervision.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as necessary.
• Ability to compile and analyze data.
• Experience in public or community radio preferred.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of people in multicultural, cooperative, respectful, racial justice and anti-oppression in a community based organization.
• Computer skills: (Database, Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Publisher)
This is a part-time position with a starting hourly wage of $15.56. The employee is eligible for annual step increases subject to conditions in KBOO Collectively Bargained Agreement.
KBOO is a union shop and all (non-management) staff are members of Communications Workers of America (CWA) Local 7901. Staff is required to join and pay dues to CWA Local 7901 after 90 days. There is a six-month probationary period. This period is not to be construed as a contract.
Medical and dental coverage, disability/ life insurance, and credit union eligibility. KBOO also offers paid vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays per year, in accordance with KBOO’s Collective Bargaining Agreement. Eligible for the pension plan one year after the date of hire.
KBOO has a small paid staff and about 300 volunteers. KBOO has regular membership drives that require an intense amount of time and coordination. The atmosphere is hectic and stimulating; ability to work in this kind of environment is essential.
Workplace expectations at KBOO radio include: effective verbal and written communications, conflict de-escalation, skillful volunteer relations and utilization, capable project management, work-area organization, response to phone calls and correspondence, teamwork and cooperation with other employees, volunteers, and Board members; furtherance of KBOO mission, goals and values; meeting attendance and participation; capable departmental budgeting and punctuality.
Equipment Used & Physical Working Conditions
Must be able to remain in a stationary position approximately 50% or more of the time. This position requires ability to occasionally move about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a phone, calculator, postage meter, voicemail, copier, computer, and printer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
KBOO Community Radio is an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, class, gender identity, creed, physical or mental disability.